What is a visa?

A visa is a paper document affixed to a page of the holder's passport. It permits a person to travel to the State during the dates stated on the visa. It does not guarantee entry to the State. An Immigration Officer at the Port of Entry has the authority to grant or deny admission, and to decide on the duration a person may remain in the State.
Certificate issued or a stamp marked (on the applicant's passport) by the immigration authorities of a country to indicate that the applicant's credentials have been verified and he or she has been granted permission to enter the country for a temporary stay within a specified period.

What are the different types of visa?

Visas can vary from country to country, but generally speaking these are some of the most popular types of visas:

  1. Permanent Residency Card (PR visa) – Permanent residency refers to a person’s resident status in a country of which they are not a citizen. This is usually for an indefinite period; a person with such status is known as a permanent resident. Permanent residency itself is distinct from right of abode. This status gives permission to work in most cases.
    • Work visa – a work visa allows you to take on employment while in the country. These visas are usually valid for the duration of the employment contract or a period not exceeding five years. There are several types of visas, including working holiday visas and professional specialty. Many times PR visa is considered as work visa as it gives permission to live and work in particular country.
  2. Student visa (STV) – a student visa allows you to pursue academic studies in another country. These visas allow you to enrol at a college, university, or academic programme and stay in that country for the duration of your course. You are also usually allowed to stay for a short period (anything from 60 days to four months) after completing your studies.
  3. Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
    • Tourist visa – a tourist visa (also known as a travel visa) allows you to travel to a foreign country for a set amount of time. These visas do not entitle you to work or participate in any business activities while you are in the country.
    • Transit visa – a transit visa allows you to pass through another country on route to your destination country. You will usually need one if you will be in the transit country for more than a few hours. In some countries, you may need one if you will be going through immigration control to collect your luggage or catch a connecting flight.
    • Spousal visa – a spousal visa allows you to visit your spouse if you are both from different countries. These visas entitle you to visit for two years and apply for residency after five years (although the rules and requirements vary from country to country).
  4. Business visa (BV)– a business visa allows you to conduct business and engage in business activities in another country. These visas are granted to individuals who are attending a business conference or travelling to another country to do business with another company. You will need to show that you are not receiving any income from the country. Investor visa, Entrepreneur visa, Exceptional talent visa generally falls in this category.
GO FOREN provides service in the area of immigration/ PR visa, Student visa, visitor visa and entrepreneur / business visa. The immigration segment (a core specialisation) provides end to end support to clients/aspirants who aspire to work and settle in a new prospective country. The support by us is provided not just at the initial stages of counselling, evaluation, application and subsequent immigration, but also extends to air ticketing services, foreign exchange services, and even go far as to provide accommodation in new destination, travel insurance, arrange for a transfer from the airport of the new country within a short period of successful launching of its overseas segment.
Immigration - PR Visa

Any foreign national who wishes to relocate to any other country, on a permanent basis need an immigration visa or in general terms called a PR (permanent residency) of a particular country.

Student Visa

Most countries will issue student visas in order to allow foreign students to attend school within their borders. However, in most cases the student must be enrolled at a postsecondary institution of higher learning. Foreign exchange students must therefore usually obtain a different type of visa, such as for temporary residence.

Visitor Visa

Tourist/Visitors visas are conditional authorization granted by a country to foreigners to enter and temporarily remain within that country. Visas typically include limits on the duration of the foreigner's stay, territory within the country they may enter, the dates they may enter, or the number of permitted visits. Visitors Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter a country and thus are, in some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for foreigners and to enter and remain in the country. In each instance, a visa is subject to entry permission by an immigration official at the time of actual entry and can be revoked at any time.

Investor Visa

Investor Visas allow you to invest in an overseas country where you can settle permanently. The minimum amount of investment varies from country to country. Visas are issued to businessmen and self employed people who have sufficient funds.