Business visitor in Canada
Conversely, here are a few examples of situations in which foreign nationals coming to Canada are considered to fall into the country’s definition of a business visitor.
- 1. Individuals repairing and servicing, supervising installers, and setting up (not including hands-on installation such as pipe fitting) and testing commercial or industrial equipment (ex. computer software)
- 2. Individuals looking to repair or service equipment purchased or leased outside Canada, so long as the services being performed are part of the original or extended sales/lease/rental agreement or warranty
- 3. Individuals performing a software upgrade for previously sold or leased equipment
- 4. Individuals installing, configuring, or training others on upgraded software
- 5. Individuals coming to Canada to handle warranty and service agreements, in the case that contracts for this work have been negotiated as part of the original sale/lease/rental agreement or are an extension of the original agreement