General points for Indian students going abroad for education Singapore
1. Check the certificates/qualifications offered by the university institute in terms of its international recognition
2. Check the entry requirements for each university /institute and course.
3. Check the website of the university Institute for fee structure, deadlines, requirements for application (SAT score, TOEFL, entrance test), tuition grant, etc.
4. When accepted by the University/Institution:
- Check with the Singapore High Commission in Delhi or its Consulates in Mumbai or Chennai or their website regarding visa requirements for entry into Singapore.
- Should you desire to pursue full-time studies in Singapore in an institution that is registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), you are to apply for a Student’s Pass.
- Validity of the passport should be for at least 6 months.
- Check accommodation arrangements with the institution and submit all necessary applications before the stipulated deadline.
- Check with the institution for arrangements on arrival. Most educational institutions offer a meet and greet service.
- Most educational institutions offer an Orientation programme to help international students adjust to living in Singapore. It is advisable to attend the orientation program
- Complete your travel arrangements, preferably with a reputable travel agency.
- Immunisations may be required for your travel and residence in Singapore, as stipulated by the World Health Organisation. Make sure
you receive the necessary vaccination and bring a copy of your medical reports.
It advisable to consider applying for medical insurance covering the duration of your study. Enquire with your institution on a recommended
health insurance provider in Singapore.